7 Factors to Consider when Searching for Car Repair and Maintenance Services Online
A maintenance reminder message is on display on your vehicle’s dashboard. A check engine light is on. You failed a state vehicle inspection. The sticker in the upper left hand corner of your windshield says you are overdue for service. Your car is making a noise that wasn’t there the other day. Your vehicle does not start. You experienced a mechanical breakdown along the roadside. Any of the aforementioned sound familiar? If you answered “yes”, then continue reading…
Whatever the event you’re experiencing with your vehicle, you need service. And fast.
Like most of us today, you turn to an online search to find a local reputable auto repair shop that can service your make of vehicle. Here are a few factors to keep in mind when deciding on where to take your vehicle for service:
- Look for customer ratings and reviews. This can give you an idea of the quality of service provided by a particular repair shop. It’s a good idea to read reviews from multiple sources to get a well-rounded idea of the repair shop’s service and reputation. Keep in mind that no business will have 100% positive reviews, but it’s important to look at the overall trend of the feedback and how the business handled complaints. Here are a few examples sites:
>Google reviews is a great place to start when searching for customer reviews. Simply search for the repair shop’s name and click on the “reviews” tab to see what people are saying about their service.
> Many auto repair businesses have a Facebook page where customers can leave reviews.
> The Better Business Bureau (BBB), a non-profit organization that tracks business performance and customer reviews, you can check the business rating, number of complaints, and the business’s response to complaints.
2. Check for certifications and accreditations. Look for repair shops that are certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) as this indicates that the mechanics have passed rigorous tests and have the necessary knowledge to repair your vehicle.
3. Research the type of services offered. Some repair shops may specialize in certain types of repairs or specific makes and models of vehicles. If you are driving a foreign make vehicle, you’ll want a shop that performs services on foreign makes. If you are servicing a high end vehicle (luxury vehicle), then you’ll want a shop that specializes in servicing luxury vehicles.
4. Compare prices and services. Get price estimates from multiple repair shops and compare them to ensure you’re getting a fair price for the services you need. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Sometimes going with the least expensive price will come back to haunt you if the service delivered and the parts installed, are of poor quality. You want quality service and parts delivered by highly skilled professionals. You don’t want to make a second trip to the same shop because a problem surfaced from the repair.
5. Look for guarantees and warranties on the parts and labor. This is important because it provides you with protection and peace-of-mind in case something goes wrong with the repair. A warranty or guarantee ensures that if a problem arises with the repaired part or the labor, the repair shop that performed the service will fix it at no additional cost to you.
6. Look for customer support. If a shop has a customer service team, they will most likely be prepared to help you with questions or address your concerns, quickly.
7. Check for online appointment setting.
By considering these 7 factors, you can find a reputable and reliable car repair shop online that can provide quality service at fair price.
By the way, Openbay offers all of the above services so you can quickly find and book services with a few taps or clicks on your phone, tablet, or computer! Give Openbay a try today.
image credit thekamranzadeh